External Article from Mind Monmouthshire;
We are excited to announce that we are running the National Mind Walk here in Monmouthshire where you can support your local Mind Charity Mind Monmouthshire. This July show your support for everyone affected by a mental health problem join the fight for mental health. Walk with us and fundraise to make sure no one has to face a mental health problem alone. Sign up for the Mind Walk in aid of Mind Monmouthshire and ask your friends and family to join us or show their support by donating.
Mental health problems aren’t always visible, and lack of understanding can make it harder to talk openly and ask for help. Everybody locally taking part in The Mind Walk in aid of Mind Monmouthshire is helping to raise awareness and building a community that supports mental health .We’re walking for all of us affected by mental health problems for friends, workmates, neighbours, for family for ourselves. Choose your route, and walk with us in July to fly the flag for mental health and help make sure no one has to face a mental health problem alone. The Mind Walk in aid of Mind Monmouthshire is not a physical fitness challenge. It’s about taking the fight for mental health out into the open, to raise awareness and funds so that we can keep fighting for support and respect for all of us with mental health problems.
How it works
- Sign up to do The Mind Walk in aid of Mind Monmouthshire on the 3 rd July or pick any other day in July to do your own. To sign up email email@example.com
- Plan a route: Choose the distance you want to walk, plan a route, get some friends or family involved (ensuring you abide by Covid restrictions), then set up your fundraising page ready to secure sponsorships! Walk up to 10km on a route of your choice. The Mind Walk in aid of Mind Monmouthshire is not a physical fitness challenge, it’s about taking the fight out in the open and fundraising for mental health.
- Track your progress: Connect your account to Strava or manually track your progress as you complete your walk, to see how close you are to reaching your goal.
- Make a difference: Get your family and friends to sponsor your challenge, raise money for Mind Monmouthshire and directly help support the fight for mental health locally.
Show people how proud you are to be part of the fight for mental health. Every conversation, every donation supports the cause and helps keep us here.
Information about Mind Monmouthshire
We are a local Mental Health charity serving the people of Monmouthshire for over 40 yrs, and across this time we have supported thousands of individuals in the county. 1 in 4 people suffer from poor mental health, last year alone we supported 3,100 people in Monmouthshire, and this year we continue to provide vital services during these difficult times for the people of Monmouthshire.
As a self-funded, local charity we need support from our community to help us continue our vital mental health services and support. By supporting us you will help raise awareness of the work we do, raise awareness of Mental Health, and have fun at the same time along with helping raise much need funds for your local charity. If you choose to donate or fundraise for us 100% of your money will go towards supporting the people of Monmouthshire.
If you would like more detail on the services we offer you can visit: https://www.mindmonmouthshire.org.uk/current-services/
It doesn’t stop there, if you would like to support but don’t wish to fundraise you can donate to our campaign through this page too. This will help us reach our target and more importantly help us continue to provide support for the people of Monmouthshire.
- £5 could help us provide a support booklet to someone in need
- £10 could help us provide a telephone support session for 20 minutes to someone in need
- £30 could help us fund an individual in need of living essentials eg bedding, footwear, clothing
- £50 could help us pay for a counsellor for an hour to someone unable to afford a session
If you would like to be involved please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01873 858275 to get you signed up and fundraising for Mind Monmouthshire. Mind Monmouthshire is a local, independent mental health charity. Mind Monmouthshire funds itself and 100% money raised goes to helping support the people of Monmouthshire.
For more information on services visit: https://www.mindmonmouthshire.org.uk/ If you live in Monmouthshire and need support please call us on 01873 858 275 or email us on email@example.com